Here are a few common questions and answers:
- What is the Johnson City Run Club?
- The Johnson City Run Club is a community of individuals who share a common passion and commitment to running and want to share it with others. We welcome people of all backgrounds and fitness levels--from those just beginning to run and to those who are chasing Boston qualifying times. We believe that running is better when shared and that a community can help propel us to meet our goals. We want to provide a supportive and safe environment where people can share advice on training, injury prevention, fueling, and motivation to help each person progress.
- Where do I park?
- For our Wednesday workouts at Science Hill High School, you can park beside the baseball fields (opposite of the green shed) AND/OR beside the green shed closest to the track bathrooms. Please note that if there is a High School Varsity soccer game, we will meet at the black track beside the tennis courts and go from there. If you find that one side is locked, please check the other side as well before leaving - we don't want to miss you!
- What happens if I am late?
- We will try to stay very close to starting at 5:50. We respect that everyone’s time is valuable and want to honor that by starting on time. You are more than welcome to do a modified warm up with us or on your own!
- Do I need to be a member or pay to come to the workouts?
- Everyone is welcome at the group workouts and they are always FREE!
- What if I have kids who want to come and run?
- Please, bring your children! We will always have someone to be with them on the track where they can run/walk as needed.
- Why does it cost money to join?
- We have made Johnson City Run Club a 503c3. As an established club we have to cover expenses for insurance through the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA). As a 503c3 all money is reinvested back into the club. Also, depending on what level of membership, gear and coaching are a part of that cost. We have to establish the Johnson City Run Club as a sustainable club that can help support the running community for years to come.
- How many times a week does the club meet?
- The club meets every Wednesday at 5:50 at the Science Hill Track. These weekly track workouts include a small group workout with a coach assigned to each group. Please always feel free to check social media (Facebook, Instagram, twitter) for updates and special activities that we may be having.
- Do I have to be able to run to join the club?
- We welcome beginners! We have had several members that are just getting started come and do a light session, but still being able to work on your speed!
- What should I bring to group workouts?
- We will try to have water at every group run, but it is still a good idea to bring your own water bottle. Other than that, all you need is a good pair of shoes, and desire to meet and run with some new people!
- What if I want to do a different workout or go longer?
- We will have scheduled workouts every week, but if you had something else on your calendar, you are more than welcome to do that too! It helps just having other runners around to encourage and keep you accountable! However, you may choose to come before the 5:50 meeting time if you would like to add additional mileage, or you can run more at the end.
- Will I have someone to run with during group runs?
- Yes. Our goal is to support and encourage every runner. We are a no-drop group and will make sure that no one gets left by themselves.
- What if I am currently injured and want to join the club?
- There are plenty of volunteer opportunities that one can be involved with even if they are not currently running and you are still welcome to join to have a network of people to help keep you motivated with your cross training and rehab exercises!
More questions? Send an email to: